SIA - The Singing Butler

I decided to put together an outfit to participate in this installment of Style Imitating Art, so of course, it gets shared with you!  The painting was chosen this time by Jess of Animated Cardigan, and is a work by Jack Vettriano painted in 1992, entitled "The Singing Butler," and I couldn't help but be inspired by that amazing red dress!





It immediately reminded me of this awesome video.  For some reason, I just can't get enough of pop songs being done in instrumentals (these guys' version of 'Take Me To Church' is aaaammmmaaazing!), but this video is visually stunning even on it's own!




What is it about a red dress that is so romantic?  I knew I would have to include that, especially since the hubby and I were going out for a date night.  I took my own spin off the inspiration, and included some menswear inspired pieces like my button-down and heeled oxfords (that don't get worn nearly enough!), with a nod to the beach setting in the painting with my blue and gold 'wave' necklace.  And of course, there was red.







Outfit Details:
Shirt: thrifted, $0.25
Skirt: DIY, from thrifted fabric, $1
Necklace: DIY, $3 for materials
Shoes: thrifted, $6
Grand Total: $10.25

If you'd like to see more outfits based on this painting, be sure to stop by Jess's blog tomorrow!  And, if you'd like to participate in SIA yourself, be sure to let one of the girls that facilitate SIA know, or you can even e-mail me pictures to pass along to them if you don't have a blog but still want to accept the challenge.  Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Sexy bitch, wear that skirt for mr when I'm fucking you in the ass

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!