Life Lately


Greetings and salutations, old friends!  I bet you thought I'd forgotten about this little blog, but don't worry!  It just got put on the back burner for a while, as our family adjusted to some big changes.  Between working out school schedules, figuring out job stuff, and focusing on our little family group for a while, there hasn't been a lot of down time in the Holt house.  (...in our houseHolt...? ha!)




In the spirit of change, you'll see a BIG difference in the hair department.  A cut was long overdue, and I decided to go for the chop the day after I got my job offer for my new position.  As a family, we made the decision for Daddy A to take a breather from full-time work while he figures out his career path, and so I went on the job hunt.  I was offered a position as a Test Drive coordinator at a local car dealership, and it has been a great change for us as a family!  You can expect to see more outfit posts in the future, as I navigate how to dress in a business casual environment that's in a predominantly male industry.


All the littles have been doing well, although they do seem to get louder and louder as the winter days drag on and we're all huddled up inside waiting it out.  It wouldn't be that bad if the weather here would make up it's mind, but since it was 40 degrees today and 60 tomorrow, there's a bit of Ozark whiplash going on!


Big A decided she had to be just like her mommy (awwwww), and told her stylist at her last hair cut she wanted a pixie.  It suits her, don't you think?  Her sassy short hair matches her personality perfectly.  She's also super-smart, and knows it, which is SO much fun when she thinks she knows everything.  I thought that didn't start for another 10 years or so!


This kid.  I don't even know where to start with her, but a picture says a thousand words.  She's crazy, zany, and her smile lights up any room she enters.  Little A had a bit of a rough start at the beginning of the Pre-K school year, but she's acclimated very well and cries on days that she doesn't get to go to school.  She has a new best friend every week, and is very proud to tell me "I start with an A!"  Now, if I could just get her to go a day without talking about butts.....


Baby A is officially not a baby any more!  But, (cheese alert), he'll always be the baby to me.  His little boy personality has been a change from the girls, and he's almost the perfect example of a Sour Patch Kid: first he's sour (like headbutting you in the face), then he's sweet (like saying "awww, mama!" and planting a kiss on your cheek).  His language is his very own and includes such words as "doot-doot" (cookie), "guh" (drink), and "dub-dub" (vitamin).

Our little family is holding together, and I'm so excited to see what God has next for us.  I'll get together some outfit posts to share in the near future, so stay tuned for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!