Fair Trade Friday - A Present

I would like to introduce the newest member of my little jewelry collection:


This lovely little ringlet of color was a gift from my lovely Sister-in-law, and it's so much more than just another accessory.  That little card pictured with the necklace has a story written on the back, the story of the woman who crafted it.

Her name:  Immaculate Kilama.  Country: Uganda.  Age: 27 years old.  Children: 7

Here's her story:
"With five biological children and two orphans in her care, she oversees a family of nine! SUUBI (which means hope) has provided Immaculate an opportunity to care for her family - with pride, she states that 'SUUBI is the financial backbone of my family.'  Immaculate's story reminds us that JOY is not circumstantial!"

Pretty cool, huh?   There's so much more of her story, as well as tons of information about this company on their website: http://lightgivesheat.org.  I would love it if you'd give them a visit!

Next week, I'll be sharing a very special outfit post with you.  Here's why:


See you guys next time!

2 comments:

  1. What a great gift from your sister-in-law. I love that it comes with a story card so you can feel connected to those who made it and benefit from your purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful necklace with a good story behind it

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!