Thrifted Pinterest - Copycat

Has anyone else been watching Under the Dome?  I read the book, so I was pretty excited to see how the story would translate to the small screen.  Obviously there were a few violent parts that they haven't been able to translate to primetime TV (it is Stephen King, of course), but I've been enjoying the story!  The only criticism?  I really imagined Big Jim as being... well, bigger!  But, the actor's portrayal of the character has been awesome so far.

Of course, half the time I'm watching, I'm not really noticing the story, it's the clothes (surprise surprise).  I've loved the wardrobe choices for Julia, especially her ankle boots.  They made me decide to be on a hunt for my own boots, to wear with everything from jeans to dresses, just like in this scene:


It's a super easy combo: dress, boots, done, you're dressed.  Plus, I also ran across this pin for a little more styling inspiration:

http://pinterest.com/pin/216806169534572805/
A super sweet friend had brought a printed dress to a clothing swap we had, specifically with me in mind. And, I ran across the perfect pair of boots (neutral color, almost no heel, great strappy details), so I had an easy outfit to throw together for last night.


I always seem to have an audience!

 
This is my 'too cool to have my picture taken' pose ; )



Outfit Details:
Dress: from clothing swap
Boots: F21 via Plato's Closet Resale, $12
Earrings: Icing by Claire's, $0.50 (clearance)
Shorter Necklace: gift
Green Necklace: DIY, $1.50 for materials

Grand Total: $14

(Yes, I chopped my hair off, with help of course, and yes, I love it!  Whitney at Twin Scissors did a great job on both the cut and color!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!