Fair Trade.... Saturday?

Well, guys, I made you a promise, and then yesterday completely got away from me!  I did have a few things I got done yesterday, but blogging was not one of them.  So, I get to share some awesome Fair Trade items with you today, instead!  The subject? Shoes.  Now, I have what you might call a problem when it comes to shoes, as in, I have too many!  I've stopped counting how many pairs I have, but they've overtaken the bottom of my closet.  And yet, the shoe rack at Goodwill always seems to be calling my name every time I go shopping, and another pair inevitably goes home with me.  To celebrate the shoe lover in all of us, here are some fair trade offerings for your viewing enjoyment.

SoleRebels tooTOOs in Over the Rainbow
First up are these happy little flats from soleRebels, called tooTOOs.  The fabric upper is hand-loomed by artisans in Ethiopia, and the rubber sole is made from recycled tires.  These little shoes are available in over 100 different colors/styles (literally, there's 101!), so there's sure to be a style for everyone.  They also offer flip-flops and boots, so there's a shoe for every season!

Hiptipico Satander Flat
I have been seeing versions of these little woven flats everywhere lately, but I haven't seen any nearly as colorful as these from Hiptipico!  They're handmade in Guatemala, and by saying handmade, that means everything!  The materials, stitching, dying, embroidery, and assembly is all done by the artisans.  I'm already envisioning the different outfits I could put together around these.  Plus, Hiptipico is offering free shipping right now, if you enter HipFree at the checkout.

Teysha Guate Boot
I love a good boot.  These from Teysha are especially calling my name, because they're completely custom-made for each of their customers, featuring the handwoven fabrics you see on the sides.  You can choose from pages and pages of different patterns, as well as three different shades of leather, and can choose to get either two different fabrics for the inside and outside, or a leather panel instead.  And they're so pretty!

Osborn Naranja Ikat Oxford
Last up are these ahh-may-zing little oxfords from Osborn, also handmade in Guatemala.  They pretty much speak for themselves, but I'll fill in the rest!  These look so comfy, and the purple and orange fabric is just so pretty!  I've been loving the way a girly dress with this style of shoe looks lately, and the color palette would just take that outfit right from summer into fall, no problem.  There's also a few pairs of their new booties that have caught my eye as well!

If you're looking for a few more fair trade shoe options, don't forget about Sseko sandals.  Also, the lovely people at TOMS recently purchased a bunch of fabrics from the artisans at JOYN (you know I love them!), and are going to use that beautifully block printed fabric for some styles of their shoes.  I'm not sure when those are going to be available for sale, but keep an eye out, and as soon as I see them I'll be sure to let you know here.  I'm so excited to see this collaboration come about, and can't wait to see the finished product!

Are there any specific fair trade items you'd like to hear more about?  Leave me a comment and I'll be sure to put together a blog post about it just for you!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!