31(squared) - Copier

I'm officially in love.

No, it's not romantic, even though I am married to someone I love (a LOT!), and no, I'm not referring to my kids, as amazing as they are... No, I'm in love with this Raven+Lily necklace from their spring line:

Tiffany Kunz: Fringe Fade Collection Cascade Necklace in Copper or Gold

Raven+Lily just released a video lookbook, featuring their new spring line, and the first thing I noticed, and couldn't stop looking at really, was this necklace.  Not only is it beautiful, and is made by a company committed to empowering women globally, but each and every one of those cascading beads is made from recycled bullet casings.  Literally, this necklace is a wearable piece of art that shows the transformation from pain into beauty.  However, new jewelry is not in the budget right now, but you better believe I'll  be saving up my pennies until I can afford to bring this beauty home!   In the meantime, I'm contenting myself with my own version I made yesterday.  It's not nearly as dramatic, but it'll do for now!



Something else that made me happy yesterday?  Little A looking like a straight up gangsta in big sister's furry vest.  I even managed to snap a shot of her leaving her 'crib' (ha, I crack myself up...):

'Get out my face, G.  It's the cheerio life for me!'


Some other outfits from the week:


...it was just a little windy.




Outfit 1 Details:
Grey Tee: American Apparel via Plato's Closet resale, $6
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Scarf: Wal-Mart, $5 (old)
Necklace: DIY, about $2 for supplies
Shoes: F21 via Plato's Closet resale, $10
Grand Total: $28

Outfit 2 Details:
Red Top: Target, $10 (clearance)
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Sweater: Chaps via Kohl's, $10
Shoes: F21 via Plato's Closet resale, $10
Necklaces: all DIY, about $3 for supplies
Grand Total: $38

Outfit 3 Details:
Top: Ann Taylor via 1/2 of 1/2, $9
Sweater: Sears, $3 (clearance)
Jeans: thrifted, $5
Shoes: BCBG girls, thrifted, $4
Earrings: $1 Jewelry Store (old)
Grand Total: $22

If you'd like to know more about why I'm remixing 31 pieces from my closet and not shopping for the month of March, check out my introductory post to this series!  Please join me in this fundraising effort for Love146, and help shine a light in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!