Thrifted Pinterest - 31(squared) Style!

Well, it's been another couple days, and I'm actually having some fun with remixing all these clothes.  Not gonna lie, I might have a little bit of Goodwill withdrawals, simply because that's usually where I go during my 'mommy needs some alone time' nights, but saving up that money for Love146 is worth so much more than that!  I can always go somewhere else... the library maybe?  Aaaaanyways, here's what I wore the past few days:


Oh, look, a visitor!

"Where's your belly?"

"Where's your hair?"


Candid camera, kid!
Yesterday, the hubby and I went out to dinner for his birthday, so I picked out one of the dresses I'd put into rotation.  I used this photo as my outfit inspiration:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/216806169531031993/
And I went pretty literal with my interpretation:


That's the last few days so far!  Come back next week to see how I remix the rest of my 31 pieces!  Oh, and did you see this invitation for a local clothing swap a friend and I are hosting?  If you're in the area, you should stop by!

Outfit 1 Details:
Grey Tee: American Apparel via Plato's Closet resale, $6
White Tank: Old Navy, $5
Leggings: Wal-Mart, $6
Sweater/Cape thingie: thrifted, $2
Grand Total: $19

Outfit 2 Details:
Striped Tee: JC Penney, $6
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Sweater: Harp's (local grocery store), $5
Shoes: F21, via Plato's Closet resale, $10
Necklace: secondhand via eBay, $3
Grand Total: $29

Outfit 3 Details:
Turtleneck: free via clothing swap
Dress: thrifted, $5
Tights: Wal-Mart, $5
Belt: 'permanently borrowed' from my mom
Boots: Plato's Closet resale, $8
Necklace/Earrings: handmade gift from a friend
Grand Total: $18


If you'd like to know more about why I'm remixing 31 pieces from my closet and not shopping for the month of March, check out my introductory post to this series!  Please join me in this fundraising effort for Love146, and help shine a light in the darkness.

1 comment:

  1. What a great challenge! It's the perfect way to fall in love with your closet again and to see the potential of pieces you may have gotten bored with. Or, you know, you realize how much you're over a particular item and it seals the deal that it's time to get rid of it. I'm doing something similar because I've recently pulled clothes out of storage, and I'm forcing myself to wear them rather than repeatedly wearing my favorite pieces. So far, I'm not very inspired. Anyways, good luck with your clothing swap! It sounds like such fun, and if ever there's one in my area, I'm there!

    Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!