31(squared) - The Weekend

Well, I began my 31x31 challenge with a bang!  It looked amazing outside on Saturday, the temperatures were mild, and there was even new growth in our yard:


So, I dressed accordingly.  It's always easier to get dressed up when it's nice outside, at least for me!





Of course, then winter storm Titan made it's way through our area, bringing the wonderful new weather term "thundersleet," and now it looks like this outside:

photo courtesy of http://www.nwahomepage.com/
So, as much as I love you guys, there is no way I'm going outside to take pictures.  You'll just have to make do with some selfies in my dirty bathroom mirror.  Maybe I'll venture outside again after Friday, when it's supposed to be 60 degrees again!  (Seriously, weather, go home, you're drunk.  Sleep it off and call me when it's actually Spring.)

Sunday, perfect day for leggings.

Monday, a great day for jammies and possibly cocoa...
Saturday Outfit Details:
Green Top: Aeropostale, $10 (clearance)
Blue Top: Ann Taylor via 1/2 of 1/2: $9
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Earrings: free via clothing swap
Shoes: Rack Room Shoes, $7 (clearance)
Grand Total: $31

Sunday Outfit Details:
Sweater: Banana Republic, thrifted, $4
White Tank: Old Navy, $5
Leggings: Wal-Mart, $6
Scarf: free via clothing swap
Grand Total: $15

Monday Outfit Details:
Jammie-jams: Wal-Mart, $5 (clearance)
(I know they're not part of my 31 pieces, but it's just the perfect day to wear jammies all day!)

If you'd like to know more about why I'm remixing 31 pieces from my closet and not shopping for the month of March, check out my introductory post to this series!  Please join me in this fundraising effort for Love146, and help shine a light in the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!