31(squared) - Weekend

Well, other than my mild tummy bug yesterday, I actually had a pretty good weekend.  I had a birthday, so I'm officially 'almost 30,' I got my hair cut, had a great time at the clothing swap I helped host, and got a lovely handmade necklace from a friend for a birthday present!  All in all, it was a great birthday weekend!







Some other outfits from the weekend:




Funny story (kind of), I walked into Jimmy John's to get lunch in the above outfit, and the girl behind the counter goes, "Wow, I like the clothes you're wearing!"  Being an awkward person that can't gracefully accept compliments, I reply with, "Yeah, thanks, it's a lot going on for one outfit."  She just nodded, and said, "Yes, yes it is."  So, I'm guessing the original compliment still stands?  Some human interactions confuse me.  Thank God for the internet.

Outfit 1 Details:
Tee: American Apparel via Plato's Closet resale, $6
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Sweater: Sears, $3 (clearance)
Scarf: gifted, Tiny Hands International
Earrings: Greenola Style, won via a Let's Be Fair giveaway
Necklace: gifted (for my b-day!)
Shoes: Rack Room Shoes, $7 (clearance)
Grand Total: $21

Outfit 2 Details:
Striped Shirt: thrifted, $4
Green Shirt: Aeropostale, $10 (clearance)
Jeans: thrifted, DIY'ed to skinnies, $5
Blue Necklace: Icing by Claire's, $2 (old)
Whistle Necklace: Falling Whistles, $34
Guitar Necklace: souvenir from Roy Rogers museum (old)
Shoes: Rack Room Shoes, $7 (clearance)
Grand Total: $62

Outfit 3 Details:
Shirt: JC Penney, $5
Skirt: thrifted, $4
Sweater: Sears, $3 (clearance)
Earrings: gifted
Necklace: DIY, $2 for materials, inspired by this one
Tights: Wal-Mart, $5
Boots: via Plato's Closet resale, $8
Grand Total: $27

If you'd like to know more about why I'm remixing 31 pieces from my closet and not shopping for the month of March, check out my introductory post to this 31(squared) series!  Please join me in this fundraising effort for Love146, and help shine a light in the darkness.

3 comments:

  1. I love the stripes and bright purple! This is super cute! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gracie-Lou! My name is Heather and I wanted to know if you would be willing to answer a quick question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Glad you had fun at the clothing swap. I've started searching for fashion events around Nashville, particularly plus size swaps. No luck yet, but I've at least found a couple of websites that broadcast that sort of thing. I can be horribly awkward about compliments, too. I do dress to be seen rather than blend in, but I'm always surprised when people notice me. How much sense does that make? lol Anyways - I adore the last outfit! The stripes and floral and black and blue create such gorgeous contrast and the whole thing really pops!

    <3 Liz
    www.withwonderandwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!