OOTD - Bonfire (SIA)

Another week, another round of Style Imitating Art.  Today's artwork was chosen by Jess at Animated Cardigan, and is by one of her favorite artists, Andrew Wyeth.  I discovered recently a great resource concerning Andrew's works, on this Artsy page, and I'd greatly encourage checking it out!

Bonfire, 1992
First off, when I first saw this painting, I knew I wanted to include the top I wore in the outfit, just because I wanted to put some Victorian inspired pieces in the mix.  I have no idea why, since this was painted in the 90's... maybe the bones make me think of steampunk?  Anyways, I chose this blouse, and pieces in other muted tones, with the pop of the orange skirt to mimic the fire.  And, the necklace, just because.... well, you'll see:





Outfit Details:
Top: thrifted, DIY'ed to sleeveless, $3
Skirt: f21 via Plato's Closet resale, $6
Necklace: via Plato's Closet resale, $1 (clearance)
Tights: Target, $5
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted, $2
Grand Total: $17


Be sure to stop by Jess' blog tomorrow to see how other ladies around the blogosphere style their SIA outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!