Thrifted Pinterest - Imaginary Me

Sometimes, I shop for the 'imaginary' me, rather than the 'in the trenches of motherhood' me, and it's so much fun!  For example, when I happened across a faux leather pencil skirt, I knew that I was going to buy it.  Granted, most days are just spend in jeans and a tee, but sometimes I actually have time to get all 'gussied up,' and what's better than a little bit of leather?  I balanced it with a floaty white top, like the examples below, and released my inner bada**, at least for a day.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AUccIvGJv4Q_Ux77qs65JNl2fQaxZmxcbIdp2_YG6QmoK-0FerNWTeg/



https://www.pinterest.com/pin/216806169539708977/
And, here's my take, complete with a red lip which (in my head), just fits right in with a classic black and white outfit:





Outfit Details:
Top: thrifted, $3.50
Skirt: thrifted, $4
Booties: thrifted, $12
Earrings: thrifted, $0.50
Grand Total: $20

4 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I also tend to thrift for the imaginary me; that's why I own sequined jackets and mink-collared capes. For my imaginary self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Zeus, those shoes! Fantastic. Beautiful recreation, overall. :D

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this outfit, even if it's imaginary. :) I pinned it to my work wear ideas. And those ankle boots are awesome. Great find!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!