OOTD - Trying Too Hard

Sometimes, I have outfits that I put together that sound great in my head.  But, in real life, they almost feel a little too costume-y.  Like this, for example:







Now, I actually really like all the pieces of this outfit, but all together?  It just feels a little too "contrived fashion-blogger-ey" to me!  But, the advantage to all this?  I get to try out my "contrived fashion-blogger-ey" posing skills!  Like the "what's in my hair?" pose:


Or the "what's on my shoes?" pose:


Of course, you can't forget the "what's over there?" pose!


Also important: Blue Steel.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to attempt to perfect my "everything is awesome and I'm so happy" pose.  It might need a little work...

Outfit Details:
Denim top: thrifted, $3
Sweater: thrifted, $4
Leggings: Wal-Mart, $6
Boots: thrifted, $8
Heart necklace: my V-Day gift from the hubby!
Layered necklace: thrifted, $2
Hat: wish.com, $7
Grand Total: $30

4 comments:

  1. Hey Grace,rock that outfit!Here's my blog.Blogging is harder than I thought,any input would be welcomed! BTW love the blue steel look :) http://rehashiongoodwillhuntress.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I told a friend recently that its not that I don't love all the pieces of this outfit, but to me it looks like I googled "how do I dress like a fashion blogger" and then just copied what I saw... it's a cute outfit, just not quite 'me'

      Delete

I'd love to hear your input!