Thrifted Pinterest - Crafty

I've been forced to get super crafty lately, which is a good thing!  Basically, I always want new clothes, but I do not have the budget to keep up with the demand.  So, instead I figure out ways to make things I already have feel new!  I've made a ton of skirts from fabric I had on hand (including one out of a mesh laundry bag, don't worry that post will show up soon!), crocheted up some scarves, and polka-dotted some jeans.  Yep, that's right, my closet now has even more polka-dots in it, and I'm pretty excited about it!  I ended up using this tutorial(THIS ONE!), except I just used straight bleach and a pencil eraser instead of a bleach pen, and then splashed bleach on a few spots for an 'un-even' polka-dot.  I'm pretty excited about how they turned out!

I used this lovely blogger's photo as my inspiration for styling:

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/216806169534734215/
I knew I had a white peplum top in my closet, so I accessorized it with some colorful accessories, and an outfit was born.



  





Outfit Details:
Top: thrifted, $3.50
Jeans: Wal-Mart, $14 (old, DIY dots)
Earrings: Wet Seal, $3 (old)
Shoes: Daisy Exchange resale, $6
Rings: Icing by Claire's, $3 (old)

Grand Total: $29.50

2 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in that outfit! That peplum tops fits you perfectly. Can't believe those jeans were a DIY, the polka dots are adorable!

    Thanks so much for including me. :)

    Melissa
    theblushingdreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your input!