Thrifted Pinterest - DIY Skirt

No thrifted items in today's post, but there is a skirt that I made, using two tutorials that I found on Pinterest. I also had to turn to the site for a little color inspiration, so here's the pins that inspired the outfit:

http://pinterest.com/pin/216806169533952570/

http://pinterest.com/pin/216806169534164316/
Okay, small confession time: once, I was shopping with my then roommate at Wal-Mart, and she was looking for storage bins.  She couldn't decide if she wanted to match the lids to the bins, or pick coordinating colors in teal and navy.  I was ready to leave, and not in the best mood so, I blatantly told her that teal and navy don't go together so we could hurry up and get out of there.  Now I'm having to eat my words, so, sorry roomie!  The colors actually go together nicely, so I put them together in this outfit.







Outfit Details:
Shirt: Gap, $5 (clearance)
Skirt: DIY, tutorials (here) and (here)
Shoes: Payless, $10 (old)
Blue Necklace: Icing by Claire's, $3 (old)
Cross Necklace: gifted
Whistle: Falling Whistles, $34
Dragon Ring: Icing by Claire's, $4 (old)
Heart Ring: gifted

Grand Total: $56


What unexpected color combinations are you guys loving right now?  Leave a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!