Fair Trade Friday - Cuppa Tea

Well. as the title suggests, I have tea on the mind today!  I'm slowly weaning myself off of soda (again... and I'll probably have to do it again in the future....), so I prefer having healthier drink options waiting for me in the fridge, or in the cupboard just waiting for me to imbibe.  I'm going to have to stock up, so here's the drinks on the top of my shopping list!  All of the teas listed contain Fair Trade Certified ingredients.

Steaz Iced Green Tea with Lime and Pomegranate
This doesn't really need a lot of commentary, really.  I mean, it's organic iced green tea with Lime and Pomegranate!  It sounds delicious!  Plus, it's ready and waiting in its colorful little can, ready to be drunk (drinked?).

The Tao of Tea Chai Concentrate
I love chai tea.  I really like the brewed versions as well, but I really love just the pre-sweetened concentrates that you can add to milk to make a yummy, creamy latte.  Plus, this particular bottle of yummy is sweetened with coconut sugar instead of the traditional cane sugar, so it has a lower glycemic index than some of the other concentrates on the market.

Tea Forte Loose Leaf Tea
Speaking of brewed tea, this particular brand has a ton of flavors that sound ah-may-zing, like Cherry Marzipan or Cucumber Mint.  Plus, they're full of plant-based antioxidants, which help to maintain a healthy complexion, and who doesn't want that?

The Republic of Tea Tangerine Tea
This last tea is actually made for children, but I wouldn't mind sharing some with my girlies (at least Big A, little one is still a little small...)!  Not only does this organic rooibos tea sound extra tasty, but it's also naturally caffeine free, and a portion of the profits goes to an organization called Room To Read.  "Room to Read is an innovative non-profit leader dedicated to furthering literacy and gender equality in education throughout Africa and Asia. Founded in 2000, the organization operates on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children. (from the About page)"  The sales from these Little Citizens Herb Teas have helped to fund the construction of 17 libraries since 2009 in South Africa, Sri Lanka, and India, and their goal is to reach 100!

What Fair Trade teas are your favorites?  I always love hearing about new companies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your input!